top of page

I was born at a very young age (old joke) in Lafayette, LA to Jerry and Marlene. Sister Susan was already there; sister Sarah came a bit later. My earliest memory of living there is of attending kindergarten at a Presbyterian Church. A lady who watched us at playtime would push her dentures out of her mouth at us and we would run screaming to the far side of the room before creeping back up to her, only for her to do it again. Terrifying. But I digress.

Most of my early childhood memory (and a great deal of early childhood photographs) are in Broussard, just outside of Lafayette. Our first dog, Blackie, Easter baskets, the swing set, family friends with other kids. It's where I had the first dream I can remember: Yosemite Sam was chasing me. Also terrifying. Again, digressing.


I spent the year of first grade in Ville Platte. That was the year of my first best friend. Our second dog, Molly, joined the family. Susan and I were majorettes and marched in the Cotton Parade. Daddy played "dance jobs" - gigs as a saxophonist with a local band - and drove a Ford Falcon sedan. Mother was a class mom at our school and drove a Ford Falcon station wagon.


Things started rolling when we moved to Morgan City by the time I was in second grade. I got my first kiss and became obsessed with listening to records. Moved house and school for third and fourth grade. Started getting migraines which would prove to be a lifelong issue. Discovered the Monkees; changed my life. In fifth grade, we moved to Lakeside where I would live until graduating High School. Went to summer camp, first church camp then band camp; changed my life. I sang in the choir and played in the band. Everything was music and music was everything.

After graduation, I took a senior trip to Europe. My family just didn't do that sort of thing... but I did. I moved away from home shortly after returning, first to Ruston, then to Shreveport, then to Baton Rouge. I started college and worked at the LSU radio station; changed my life.

Launching my career in the music business, I worked in Baton Rouge under Johnny Palazzotto (management) and the legendary Chief Whalen (live music) before moving to Atlanta. There, I became the publicity and promotion director for the seminal punk / new wave live music venue, 688.


Following the club’s closing, I carried the name on through 688 Records, releasing the debut albums of Drivin’ n Cryin’ and Dash Rip Rock, among others. I got married. Relocating to New York, I worked for an entertainment attorney and at Arista Records.


Returning to Atlanta, I launched Little Fish Platters and released the first solo album, Jet Black and Jealous, by Cowboy Mouth’s Paul Sanchez. After a short stint in Dallas and a break from the industry, I landed in Nashville (and got divorced) where I began working in artist management under Michael Dixon. As manager for Wesley Stace (aka John Wesley Harding) for 13 years and day-to-day manager for Ron Sexsmith for 19 years, the work as a liaison between the record labels, booking agents, publicists and the artists was the most fulfilling of my time in the business. I also spent a good deal of time developing social media content and online profiles for these and other artists.

Sure, in that time I had day jobs to pay the bills. You can read my resume if you really want to know about that.


Recently, health issues and presumed retirement brought me back to South Louisiana to be near family. With my health on the upswing and retirement boring, I've continued to consult as a management associate with Michael Dixon while working on staying alive. So far, that's going pretty well.

bottom of page