25 Absolutely True Things About Me
1. I was born with a coat hanger in my mouth. And I was dumped down south.
2. When I was young I’d listen to the radio, waiting for my favorite songs.
3. I learned the truth at seventeen.
4. I was young when I left home.
5. When I was a child, I spoke as a child. I wish I could remember what I said.
6. It was 1983, I was new on the scene. I just wanted everyone to like me.
7. I’m not where it’s at.
8. Every time I think I’m the only one who’s lonely someone calls on me.
9. Carve your number on my wall and maybe you will get a call from me.
10. I’m not looking for a new England.
11. I’d like to go to India and live in a big white house. In the forest.
12. I’m running speed trials standing in place.
13. I’m trying to untangle the jingle from the jangle.
14. I like tying up words and phrases and clauses.
15. Got a devil’s haircut in my mind.
16. Long haired freaky people need not apply.
17. I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair.
18. What I could use is a touch of mascara.
19. I’d go the whole wide world.
20. I hope that I don’t fall in love with you.
21. I can’t help falling in love with you.
22. I didn’t steal your boyfriend.
23. Bazooka Joe says angels guide my every move and I believe him.
24. I’m not hypnotized.
25. I think I’ll just let the mystery be.